The PS1 campus is currently closed to students and families.
PS1 is monitoring the evolving news and information on the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19, in the Los Angeles area. School is in session online through our Distance Learning Community Program.
Please use this page to stay informed.
As a reminder, even though we will not be together on campus, it remains imperative that parents, faculty, and staff contact PS1 immediately if you or someone in your household:
- Has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting results.
- Has traveled (or is traveling) to a Level 2 or Level 3 country (per the CDC) in the last 14 days.
Communications from PS1:
- June 2 Semi-Weekly Notice
- May 28 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- May 26 Semi-Weekly Notice
- May 19 Semi-Weekly Notice
- May 14 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- May 12 Semi-Weekly Notice
- May 7 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- May 5 Semi-Weekly Notice
- April 30 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- April 28 Semi-Weekly Notice
- April 23 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- April 21 Semi-Weekly Notice
- April 16 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- April 14 Semi-Weekly Notice
- April 8 Semi-Weekly Notice with Video Message from Joel
- April 2 Semi-Weekly Notice and Video Message from Joel
- March 31 Semi-Weekly Notice
- March 27 Distance Learning Community Program Information
- March 26 Semi-Weekly Notice and Video Message from Joel
- March 24 Semi-Weekly Notice
- March 19 Semi-Weekly Notice with Links to Resources
- March 17 Connections through Distance Learning
- March 13 Coronavirus Update
- March 12 Coronavirus Update
- March 5 Coronavirus Update
Your child's teachers will be maintaining contact with you and sending ongoing information about distance learning schedules, plans, and activities.
We will be using Zoom for students and teachers to be able to gather virtually as a class at set times.
Students do not need to have or create a Zoom account in order to join class meetings. Accounts are only needed in order to host meetings, and students are not being asked to host meetings. In order to join class meetings, students need only the meeting number assigned by their teacher or specialist.
You don't have to download Zoom -- all you have to do is go to https://www.psone.org/zoom and enter your class meeting number. Then follow any prompts.
Expect emails from your teachers with detailed instructions and links for joining Zoom meetings. Thank you!
- FAQ's About Exposure
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- Proper Handwashing Chart
- Talking to Children about COVID-19
Managing Stress and Anxiety:
- Help Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty
- Meditation Apps for Kids and Families
- How to Keep Kids Learning When Your School Is Closed