Donate Cryptocurrency to PS1 Pluralistic School
Does PS1 Accept Cryptocurrency Donations?
Yes! Cryptocurrency is a great way to support PS1 Pluralistic School. By making a donation to PS1, you are supporting innovative education that fosters curiosity and individualism. PS1 is an inclusive community that enables children to be their authentic selves. Our programs and curriculum that support innovative technology and project-based learning help enable our students to become creative problem solvers. We believe that everyone benefits from diversity and are proud that 25% of students receive financial aid.
PS1 Gift Acceptance Requirements:
- In accordance with PS1’s Gift Acceptance Policy, all contributions of cryptocurrency are converted to cash immediately upon acceptance and cannot be refunded for any reason.
- While we are happy to honor requests for anonymity, PS1 Pluralistic School is required by law to identify all donors who make a charitable contribution.
- Please only send currencies listed on the widget, do not send unsupported currencies (including unsupported ERC-20s, ERC-721s and BEP20s) as these may be lost.”
- The IRS classifies cryptocurrencies as property, so cryptocurrency donations to 501(c)3 charities receive the same tax treatment as stocks. Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. Please contact your tax or financial advisor for more information.
- If you want to learn more about how donating crypto can lower your taxes, visit www.thegivingblock.com/faq and scroll down to the “For Donors” section.
- Which cryptocurrencies do you accept?
- I need a wallet address to complete my donation. Where can I access this information?
- How many times can I use the wallet address provided to me?
- Will I get a receipt with my donation?
- Can I donate anonymously?
- Why can I donate Polygon (MATIC) but not tokens sent via the Polygon network?